Thursday, May 28, 2009

Theme Thursday Tags

The challenge this week for Theme Thursday is tags.
This is a very large 5 x3 inches, heavy duty tag which I cut from kraft paper, with a lot of texture, it almost felt like leather when I was finished, you have to view the close up to see it better. It felt too flimsy so I glued it onto an extra strong piece of card that was in a package of ready made gift cards.
I have no idea how I got the texture, I did paint on some gesso around the edges, then I tried numerous things including some glue and the heat gun, chalk inks, distress inks, until I finally had it right. Phew.... I was determined not to give up.
I suppose you would called it Vintage Grunge :) I know I make a lot of pretty stuff but this look is something else I love to play with.

Hope you are having sunshine, it is horrible here, thunder, rain, and cold, BUT, the perfect day for my magazines to arrive from Stampington. I ordered 6 in their back issues sale woohoooooo.. going to make some strong coffee and browse through them right now :)