Friday, July 6, 2012

Flower Color Stories


 Just popping in with some flowers from my garden.

For those of you who like bright vibrant colours, I have daisies, although I have subdued them slightly for my artistic purposes.

For those of you who love soft pastels, I have hydrangeas in mauve, blue and pink shades. Again they have been subdued in PS.


Thank you to Kim Klassen who inspired us to play with colour swatches in her "Beyond Layers" group this week, it was something I always wanted to try and just never got around to it, and it's fun :)

I made my very first little template in Illustrator for the four squares. I have been taking classes at Jessica Sprague.com and have so much to learn.

I will be taking my classes all summer when time permits, but especially if this heat wave keeps up. It is so incredibly hot and humid that some days I just have to stay inside and only go out in small doses.

I have always had a dream of being a greeting card designer, but recently that turned into wanting to design invitations for showers and weddings etc, with nice swirls and other pretty designs and Illustrator is the best program for design so the more I learn the better.

I also love to draw cute characters which I used to do in another program years ago but now it's time to grow and evolve, learn something new.

Hope you are all staying cool, or staying warm if it is Winter for you :)