Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Collage and digital manipulation

Collage on water color paper.

Look what I rescued from the recycle bin, beautiful water color papers my daughter created in her High School art class 10 years ago.
She was clearing out some papers and I was shocked to see these among them, so I quickly snatched them up and will find many uses for them in my art work.

I didn't even touch the background on the little collage above, I couldn't even stamp on it because it just seemed perfect as it was to me.

What else have I been up to? Well, i have had my head in Photo Shop Elements 8 all last week. I recieved the program on Monday just in time for the class I am taking with DJ Pettitt in her Memories and Manipulations Workshop.
We are just going into the second week and at first I had a heck of a time understanding things, especially being new to this program, but now it is becoming a lot easier after fiddling around with everything.
Here is my first photo manipulation, using a photo of my beautiful snowball hydrangeas.


I am still not sure which one I prefer so I will post both. If you click on the photo you can see the effects much better.

I know I need a lot of practice, and there is still so much more to learn , but I am still quite pleased with these :)

I just love the start of a New Year , it holds so many possibilities, and I have so much to look forward to this year.
Until next time......