Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whimsical Mixed Media Collage

I havn't done much artwork this week but I did manage to get this pretty little piece finished for my Etsy shop. It's a gorgeous blue, almost wedgewood, and I used the blue to bring out the Paper Whimsy girl's eyes and bow, isn't she beautiful?
Take a look at the close up if you like by clicking on the photo, there is so much texture on this piece which I am experimenting with more and more lately. I used a 5x7" flat canvas for this, adding a lot of texture, there is also some textured paper on there and lace under the image, then I made a frame around the girl from tissue papers and gel medium, gesso over it and then paint. I have it hanging on white vintage seam binding..... so shabby cottage style!

Don't think I am doing any challenges this week, I have had a lot going on and am dealing with a head cold now. When my head is like this I just can't focus, but I have been overdosing on the vitamin C (more or less), so hopefully it will be gone soon.

Thanks for visiting, and I love comments, so please leave one :)