Saturday, April 25, 2009

Altered Canvas Block


This is a canvas block I just finished, and I am happy to say nothing went wrong this time and I just love it :) Of course there is something about little girls with dolls that just melts my heart, and this Paper Whimsy girl does just that, she is beautiful.
The background is really textured and I just love it, I used old dictionary paper ripped in pieces and bits of paper doily all stuck on with gel medium, then a nice layer of gesso and then I think I used 3 different acrylic paints. I even finished off the back on this one.

Of course I love vintage doilies and pearls, and the button on the bottom was just the right shade. The frame is a Making Memories paper mache frame and it was already that color too I just rubbed it with distress ink.
I hope you all have a great weekend, I went outside with Cooper this morning and was hit by warmth, that was a shock since last night while he was outside playing with his new puppy friend we had coats on with our hoods up, it was so cold.