Thursday, April 23, 2009

Paper Whimsy Challenge

Paper Whimsy Quote Challenge 2009 #2 Moss
Green velvet to look upon
Shaped and woven of tiny trees
Soft velvet to make a pillow for the birds
Or flowers when you go to sleep
Velvet rugs for the footsteps of the wind
(though he leaves no footprints behind him)
I too have felt that softness:
I have heard the wind pass and return
And stoop down to whisper
Among the trees of the moss forest.

~Author Hilda Conkling

How is that for a 6 year old? Isn't she amazing?
This is the second of 23 of the quote challenges at Paper Whimsy, and I have to tell you, that everything went wrong with this piece, oh I had a day with a few choice words, then to top it all off I dropped a black ink marker and it landed right on the girls face :( I tried to rub it off, what a mess, then I tried using chalk over the mark. Well not much better. I am going to see if I can get another girl just like her and redo it. It will be months before I can put the book together anyway :)

I decided to make a tag/bookmark with my ATC from the Melange challenge yesterday, thought I would show it to ya :)