Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Contented" some fiber art

I just fell in love with the altered image of this beautiful girl, which was created by my friend Gail and can be purchased on a collage sheet at her shop Shabby Cottage Studio. She looks so relaxed and contented to me and the colors are soft and soothing.
I felt like doing something with her in fabric so I printed her on the printer fabric, then I rememberd some wool roving I had in shades of blues and mauves, so I needle felted on a piece of felt for the background. No, I am not a needle felter but I dabble in anything and everything :)

After I was finished adding all the embellishments, vintage doily, vintage buttons and some fibers that have been sitting in the drawer for years, I decided just to hand stitch the piece onto the dark purple wool felt to make it pop out more. I think it worked.
I feel great when I get to use up some of my old stash too, I bought a ton of roving and wool felt over a year ago thinking I would like to get in to the needle felting, but it got put aside, soon after, yeahhhh, now I found a use for it :)

I didn't have any time at all to get in my studio last week because we had hardwood put in some of the rooms here, so the guys were here two days, lots of dust and cleaning up to do, I also put my back out, so I couldn't sit for long, or stand either ,and then there was the holiday weekend and my daughter was here visiting, so yesterday I decided to spend the entire day and just create whatever I felt like. "Felt"... get it? wahhhhhh bad joke.
Now I have some challenges to work on , so will be back to share those later this week. Please click on the photo and see it full size, it looks so much better. I took this picture outside this morning on a white background but it looks almost blue to me. I think I need to learn how to use my camera better :)

Hope you can find some alone time today and be creative, have a good one.
Lynn