Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Playing with ATC's


Little vintage girls with butterfly wings and witches hats was the theme for what turned out to be a tiny book to add to my Fall decor this year. I usually get out my fabric pumpkins and put them on the hutch in the kitchen with a few little things like this. The hutch we have is black in the distressed look so the fall colors look great there.

I only intended on making one ATC to take my mind off the loss of our beloved pooch the day before, because I just couldn't stop from crying, so hubby said "why don't you go spend some time in your craft room", so I did, I took his advice and sat in there for a few hours and got lost in creating.
If you would like to see a picture of our pooch and read about him, I have posted on my other blog at
The Rose Cottage.

For some reason I was in the mood for something Halloween, no idea why, maybe because I just finished something in soft pretty colors and needed a change.
I was looking around for something new to use, like I need anymore clipart, I have tons on cd's and in folders on my computer, but I just wanted to be able to print and go. So I looked around and found a site I have never been to before, which I find hard to believe, but anyway, I purchased both of Michelle's amazing Halloween ATC pages at her online shop Digital Collage Sheets.
Check out her work, it is amazing, and she has lot's of fun stuff :)

left> I think what I like about making these ATC size thingies is that they don't take too long, I think cutting out the clip art is the most time consuming, but I find cutting to be very relaxing so I don't really mind.

Now I can make more and just keep adding to this little book, or make a few sets and gift them to friends :)

I am loving this new direction my creative muse is taking me in, who knows what will be next.