Friday, September 18, 2009

Fabric Collage bookmark

I created this bookmark using art work from Pringle Hill Studio, Paper Whimsy and my own artwork. The Garden Nymph was used on a Gothic Arch challenge I did and I just cropped her in my graphics program before I printed on the fabric. Some of the graphics are printed on a silk, but that stuff is so slippery to sew on things like this, I prefer the cotton printer fabric.

It didn't finish off as I had hoped. That ever happen to you? The problem was I put a dark green wool felt on the back (there is card stock in between), so I had to use the dark green thread and it doesn't look as bright as I had hoped even though there is a lot of dark green in the images, I wanted the soft robins egg blue to be the main color.

You may have to click on the photo and see the close up for details.

Have a great weekend if I don't see you :)
Lynn