Monday, September 21, 2009

Petite Marie Mixed Media Painting

Bonjour mes amis :)
This is my Petite Doll version of Marie Antoinette.
I have never been into the whole Marie Antoinette scene, but I love Suzi Blu's workshops and this months mini workshop was to create a Petite Doll Marie so I just had to try it. Of course mine is nothing like Suzi's finished canvas, she adds way more to hers, but I don't want it to look like someone elses work anyway right?

This is created on a 12 x 24 inch piece of wood, and I used a lot of my usual texturing techniques on it as well as more modeling paste than usual. I just love that stuff now, I used it in her hair, and look on her sleeves, I used it there too, down the butterfly house so it doesn't look flat and even made roses with it.

Can you tell I thoroughly enjoyed working on this piece? The thing is, this is not really a "me" thing either, it is something I would put in a little girls room, but I tried it thinking "what the heck" and just had fun. You would not believe the feelings of joy I felt just being in the process. Now, that must count for something :)

It actually looks a lot nicer in person, her lace doily petticoat thingy does not look pink in person, yet on the photos as I am posting this it does, and I am not liking that at all. Same with her hair, it doesn't look very pink in person.
By the way, the butterflies are rub ons :) I should try painting some one of these days. The tiara is made from a piece of necklace that I won in a giveaway not long ago from Debi, and the hearts are just flat backed shiny hearts.
If you click on the photos you can see all the shiny stuff too, I used glimmer mist, glitter and glimmering chalk pastels in some places.

Hope you had a great weekend, see you soon :)
Lynn