Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Altered Postcard Halloween

This is an altered postcard using water color paper for the background, painted and stamped. I had fun doing the border with my pitt pens :)
The main image is called "The Witch" by E. Myerstein , created in 1884. I love his litho's, you may have seen "The Hornet" which is another of my favorites.
The very handsome "Moon Man" is a free digital image created by my friend Terri from
Pringle Hill Studio, you can find it in her Friday freebie post for last week.
You can find "The Witch" at The Graphic Fairy along with the bat, and the mouse or maybe it's a rat, yeah he does look more like a rat, is from The Vintage Moth, both links are in my side bar to the right.
I cut the calderon from a vintage image and painted the bubbles, did the same with the little mask in her hand, and the stars I already had from long ago.

When Myerstein painted this lovely lady, it was to show how people could dress to costume parties, probably a real fashion statement back then and quite fancy I would say :)
You can read more details about the costume and also save the image at the
Wikimedia Commons.