Monday, August 1, 2011

Digital Dreams and Backyard Dreams

Hi my friends, it's been so long since I blogged, and it feels really weird.
It's not that I have nothing to blog about, I do, lots, but I have been busy doing it and rarely have time to visit blogs lately.

First let me start off by sharing my latest creative endevour , here she is



I have created her in Photoshop using a Wacom Tablet. She is my finished project from Tam's Digital Dreams workshop, which is now available as a self study. I actually think I prefer and do better with the digital art than the actual mixed media collages. After all, I was a digital artist before I found the world of mixed media.

Head on over to Tam's Ning network to find out about a huge giveaway she is having right now, to celebrate 5,000 members. She is giving away lot's of her mixed media classes and more, you have one week left to enter.

 I have just started another workshop drawing digitally, which you can check out at Shwe's Sweet Pieces and Sweet People.
Now I am learning to use even more tools in Photoshop and am just loving it :)

What else have I been up to in the last two months?

Well, a lot of construction has been going on around outside the house. We have been here a year now, and we decided to just get all the outside work done so we can enjoy the back yard.

 My hubby built a cute shed , and a pergola, and we have had the patio done in stones and the driveway too. As you can see, everything is wide open right now, so we are having a fence built for privacy. I can't wait to be fenced in. I worry too much about Cooper , plus I want to create my own little sanctuary :)

I didn't realize the door was open when I was snapping photos, but you get the idea :)

One side of the roof is glass panels and inside there is a potting bench so we can grow some plants from seed this year, which I am very interested in.



There is a pond going in this hole here, we are just waiting for the fence to be done which should be completed this week. I have started a butterfly garden beside the patio, and I hope to show you that soon. There are a couple of photos on my photography blog of my two new butterfly bushes if you are interested. The link is at the top of my side bar.

DH is also building a gazebo, something I have always dreamed of having, but the two weeks vacation he took has been just unbearably hot and humid to do any kind of outside work. We are hoping for some nice fresh summer days to get out and do some more work.

It has been one of the hottest summers I have known, and I think a lot of you that I know have been in the same situation with the heat. I don't mind hot and sunny but when you mix that humidity with it, YUK. I have barely spent any time outside in the last week.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer, I will be back soon,
Lynn