Friday, October 15, 2010

Tea Cup Challenge


We are at it again :) This week Linda and I challenged each other to take a photo of a tea cup and alter it digitally. I went for an old vintage look on this one after playing and playing with textures I still wasn't happy until I gave it a sepia tone and some more scratches.

I used Kim Klassen's scratch texture again (love it) and the scalloped texture is from Rita at The Coffee Shop, which is a freebie, but you will have to search her beautiful blog, I don't remember now where I found it, but it was somewhere there. I then did a bunch of other manipulations before I settled on the finished result, which I am very pleased with.

Here is the before photo, pretty as it is, but this was a challenge to experiment in PSE8. Linda and I have been hooked since we got PSE8 last January, and yes.... This IS my obsession right now :)

Below is another tea cup photograph I took last week. I had my wedding dress out to play photo shoots with, it was a lot of fun and I do have more photos to share at a later time. This photo I added a very subtle, dreamy manipulation after playing around, and then I went off to my Zazzle and made an invitation and a note card with this.

Wouldn't it be beautiful for a bridal tea party or a thank you wedding card? That's what I thought :)
I had some printed and they are so soft and pretty. I love the dreamy look too.

I also made a friendship postcard and a note card with my new tea time design which you can find in my Zazzle store right now.
I made a page for my Zazzle store and my Etsy here because I just don't like all the clutter in my side bar, so you can always click on the links at the top and see what's there :)

Thanks again Linda my friend, for this challenge. Yesterday was the perfect rainy day to play in PSE all day. Let's do this again soon :)