Sunday, September 5, 2010

More Flower art and a pretty postcard I won.

Happy Labor Day weekend to my fellow Canadians and friends in the States.

I played with some more dried, pressed flowers and altered this little note book. I kept it very simple and I am really happy with it.
I doubt if I will make much more with the wildflowers as they are few and far between now and I don't have much left, but I did make a lot of bookmarks this summer :)
See below on a shelf in my studio.

I want to thank you all for the beautiful comments on all of my flower art the past few months and I am so happy a lot of you are enjoying the tutorial. I put a button at the end of the post so you can make it printer friendly.
I found this site called Print Friendly and you can put any url in there and print out that page without all the side bars and adverts etc. Check it out, I think it is really cool. You can even make a pdf file there. Maybe you already know of it but to me it's new :)
I tried adding the code to my blog so that every post I make can be printer friendly but I could not find the right spot in the html code to add it and was afraid of messing up my blog.



Speaking of flower art, my name was drawn in a giveaway recently. I won this lovely textile art postcard from Carole at Madness and Mess. It arrived a few days ago, all the way from New Zealand.
Thank you so much Carole :)

I am now working on sketching for my mermaid class with Suzi Blu, yet so far not very pleased with my work, so I have nothing to share. I have also been playing in PSE a bit, I love working with textures and I have started a page on my blog here called free textures . If you are into graphic art and would like to use them, click on the page at the top to go there.

How many things that I want to do can I fit in this month? Lot's I hope. I have books to read, graphic art, drawing, painting, sewing ideas in my head, I don't know what to do first. I also have knitting started I would like to finish and I have some stitcheries that I started, not to mention I started a Cloth clay doll many moons ago and never did get to the clay part. Oh my... I am only one person. I want to make a new Santa doll too , and a chenille quilt that is already cut out, and sew pillow covers for my house. It seems like I start a lot of things and never finish them, and I would like to but I just go with the flow when it comes to being creative. If I am in the mood for one thing, I do that, even if I don't finish. I suppose a lot of creative people are this way. Are you?

At least we could never be bored :)
Have a fun , creative day,
Lynn