Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tussie Mussie Swap Gifts


I had not signed up for a group swap of any kind in a year, until I found out about this one,and now I am so happy I did because I really enjoyed it. This was the May Day Tussie Mussie Swap organized by Linda on her blog "A Swap For All Seasons".
I was lucky enough to be partnered with my friend Debby from The Gathering Nest, we both could not believe it and were thrilled. I met Debby through blogging about a year ago, and she is the sweetest person, and as you probably already know, a very talented artist. I am thrilled to have swapped with you Debby and I think we both spoiled each other really well, thank you :) I really needed this right now.

I warn you this is a long post with lots of photos, lots of goodies, lot's of fun opening this package that arrived wrapped in sheet music, and LOTS of tape right Debby? I was so excited to open it and had a heck of a time getting in LOL... scissors were even hard to get through this.

Good thing I remembered to take a photo of everything when I finally got in the box, even though I was already ooooing and ahhhhing and dying to open everything, I neatly displayed it and took the time to snap a shot.

Sorry Debby I had the crochet parcel upside down you can't see the pretty blue flowers.

First of all I want to show you the gorgeous, gorgeous Tussie Mussie, that Debby created for me. Beautiful soft vintage colors, paper, lace, trim and a lovely vintage image printed on fabric, isn't it amazing?
The funny thing is, Debby and I have never sent a parcel like this before and had not given each other any inclination of what may be in it beside a Tussie Mussie, which is really what the swap was all about, yet we both had wrapped gifts in doilies and little bags. This is something I love to do when I send a gift, not always, but if I can, and so I was thrilled that I received something so thoughtfully wrapped. Look at this one below....

Look what I found inside, lots of little goodies, all the things I like to play art with.

Inside the beautiful silk bag was a lovely cabinet card wrapped with lace and trimmed with flowers, and also, tickets and tons of papers bits to use.

I am not sure what you call the candle thingy, but I love these things, and have a hard time finding them around here. This was wrapped in sheet music and looked like a cone and was lovingly decorated with pretty flowers. Lot's of attention to the details here :)


In that bag was also some lovely stamps, you can see them in the photo below.
Then I started opening the larger floral bag and inside were smaller bags. I was so excited I forget what was in each one now, but I found the most darling mirror in one with some Sniffs tissues of the Eiffel Tower, and in another these chipboard thingies, that are like a little book, with spaces for art work I think and glass pieces, never seen these before have you?

It doesn't stop there, wait, there is a lot more. Look at this package of rusty stuff and tin. I just love that cone, never seen one before. The star is quite unusual too, I don't know where she found all this, but I am happy it's mine now :)

When I opened the large gift which was wrapped in a lovely crochet table runner with blue ribbon, I was really surprised. Debby had created this amazing mixed media canvas for me. I just love all the texture and the colors, am I blessed or what?

That's not all she created in this lot, look what I found peeking out of the Tussie Mussie, a darling little altered spoon, just love it!



There was spritz and speckles, a vintage hankie, and this beautiful card.


I hope I didn't forget anything, it would be easy to do so when you go through it, there seems so much more, i am truly grateful, this was one of the best swaps I have had, I feel so spoiled :)

Thank you to Linda for all the work she does in organizing these swaps, the next one will be posted soon at A Swap For All Seasons.

Debby, I can't thank you enough, you really went far out on this swap :)

I think I will show you the Tussie Mussie I made for Debby another time, blogger is having fits on me, this post has taken a couple of hours, because it was having errors uploading my photos. I think I better click "publish" before anything else goes wrong.

have a beautiful day,
Lynn