Thursday, July 9, 2009

Theme Thursday Pink and Brown

Theme Thursday this week is to use Pink and Brown.
This is the ATC I created for my challenge entry to Theme Thursday.

I have to tell you it did not come easy today, do you have days like that? I love this background from Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio, and I was determined to use it for this weeks challenge. I started out with a vintage woman, didn't like it, peeled her off before she was dry. Then I thought, ok, nature, and cut out a nest, birds, eggs etc and I didn't like it either, just happy I had not glued them at this stage. So then I went flipping through my box of printed papers and this stone Angel said "use me", so I did. It is also from Gail and is on one of her collage sheets, and it actually has a touch of pink in the image, some blue too. The background is quite pink but on my computer screen it looks different, and I even took the photo outside.
I felt as if it was one of those moments, "An unmistakable touch of Grace" as author Cheryl Richardson says, so I used the word "Grace" for this piece and kept it very simple.


What would I do without all of you, my blogger friends? You leave me such encouraging comments and I appreciate it so much , especially because I have no one else in my life besides you girls online who are interested in what I do. I have probably said before, but I don't think I can thank you enough, I am so grateful for you all :) I am not saying my husband and daughter do not support my passion, they really do, it's just not very interesting to them :)

Have a great evening, and thanks for visiting :)
Lynn