Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gothic Arches Yellow and Black



The Gothic Arches Challenge for Sunday was to use yellow and black. I am a bit behind this week due to taking the weekend and more off from blogland.

I made this Arch on water color paper, used acrylic paints and water soluble crayons, black flourish stamps and painted some netting black. I love this little girl, and sorry I can't remember where she is from but she was a bit faded even on my laser printer so I colored her in with black chalk pastels and gave a bit of shine on top of that with some glimmer pastels.

I have been soldering this morning for the very first time, and I got frustrated so left it for a bit to finish my Arch, now I am going to get back to that, but I wanted to show you what I found in my garden this morning, take a look. No more mystery plant, it is the most beautiful red poppy plant I have ever seen.
Actually I havn't seen poppies anywhere before unless in a photo so I was sooooo excited.
They are a dark purple in the center and look more orangey in this photo but they really are quite red. There are four more pods to bloom yet too. I hope they last a little while, I don't have many things that are blooming just yet, we are just starting to have our summer this past week.

Ok, back to my soldering, it's not as easy as it looks but Lorraine is a great teacher and her videos are so helpful. Hope to have something good enough to share with you soon :)