Sunday, April 5, 2009

Awfully Big Art Adventure ~ Felt

Wall hanging collage from wool felt ... for the weekly ABAA Challenge.

Linda and Rosie always have fun challenges, and this week was no exception. We are to make something using felt.

I was on a felt kick a couple of years ago, so yet again, I got to use up some supplies that have been sitting in a box for ages :)

I started with 100% wool felt, which I love, then I needle felted a panel for the collage. I also had a go at needle felting a rose, and I am quite pleased with it. You can see a close up of the rose below, you might want to click on the images for larger pictures. The leaves on the rose are cut from a machine felted piece I knit. That was back when I was knitting a lot.

The beautiful image I printed on fabric is from a collage sheet at
Shabby Cottage Studio
, and I printed a piece of music sheet on fabric too then tea dyed it. This was fun, thanks for the challenge girls :)