Friday, March 27, 2009

With A Song In My Heart

My muse switched today, and it has to be the sunshine :) I went for soft and pretty.....
This is a 4x6 flat canvas. I wanted so badly to try a new technique that I read about in the latest issue of The Stampers Sampler. It may not be new to some of you , but to me it is, so I was thrilled when it actually worked for me , and I am in love with the effect.

Many thanks to Caroline Moore from the U.K. It was her amazing art work that was a feature in the Feb/March issue that inspired me to give this a try and it is so fun and easy. They did not list your blog Caroline, but I googled and found you :) This is one very talented lady, you have to go see her work, just click on her name and it will take you to her blog.

Can you see how the image of the beautiful, beautiful , little girl is transparent? That's what I love about it. I suppose you would call it a "gel skin" rather than a transfer because it is the actual skin from the gel medium. Take a look below, I just had to show you how it looks after you rub off the paper.

If you want to try it yourself, then print an image on a laser printer. Give it a few coats of gel medium letting it dry in between. I found three coats worked good for me. Turn over to the unprinted side of the paper and dampen the paper until you can rub it off, but be very gentle, I ripped my first one using my nails, so instead I used a damp makeup sponge to rub it off. Once done add it as a collage element as I did with gel medium. Ta Da.... I just love it!

The very beautiful girl is a free image from Susan Buckner