Saturday, March 21, 2009

Theme Thursday Challenge Orange

Theme Thursday challenge this week is to use the color Orange, and for it to be the predominant color. I think I have used orange only once before, so this was a good challenge for me. I had time today to make this ATC using an orange scrapbook paper and part of a label reproduction which is on an ephemera collage sheet from Shabby Cottage Studio.
I then stamped imperfectly in places, and sewed a piece of an already cut up doily.
The beautiful little girl is from Outsider Artists and is one of their free images, and this gorgeous butterfly is from The Vintage Moth, also free :)
I have attempted to make it look as though the girl is wearing the butterfly on a string around her neck, and have shaded, highlighted and used chalks on the girl's face to soften everything. At the last minute I decided on giving her a cone hat, placing it in her hair :)
Thanks for looking!

I just want to say how much I appreciate all your comments. I visit everyone who leaves a note and am finally all caught up, so I think tonight I will do some rounds of blogs I follow, which is becoming an ever growing list. I hope to go rent a movie too, I just feel like one of those nights cozied up on the couch.