Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Challenge at ECS

Last Friday Carolyn hosted our challenge at ECS Mixed Media Challenge Group, and we were to use an egg shape in an Easter theme. This was fun, thanks Carolyn :) I made this very cottage style egg for my swap partner in the Easter Swap at ECS. I have told her not to look here until her package arrives *giggle*.

I found a bag of these plastic ornament things at the thrift shop last year, only one egg shape though, and I thought ok, I will buy them, never know what you could use them for and they whole bag was only 50c. I used only half of the egg and painted the inside so you can't see through the back. It worked pretty good:)
They are meant for hanging so that was perfect, and I have the other half still so I can make another one. I love when I get to use something I had no idea what I would do with it don't you?

I will post the other things I made for my swap partner next week, by then she should have her package.

Head on over to Rosie and Linda's Awfully Big Art Adventure, you have to see Linda's birdhouse it is AMAZING! and the challenge this week is , yep, "birdhouses", which would be a perfect project for the first day of Spring :)