Monday, September 15, 2008

A Little piece of Heaven

The Fun Friday Challenge at ECS this week was to use the image of this vintage baby girl, and this is what I came up with.
It is of course titled "A Little Piece of Heaven" because she is a princess and holding a chocolate cupcake, which is, her little piece of heaven.
The background was an experiment. I layered pieces from a collage sheet all over my paper with gel medium, followed by a coat of gesso. I didn't like how it looked so I sanded some areas lightly after it was dry, then I colored over it with a dk pink watercolor pencil, not too heavy, then wet it with a brush. After that was dry, I used two different stamps with my walnut ink pad. I really like how it turned out :)
I glued it onto a piece of brown cardstock just for some contrast and I am going to use it to make a greeting card now.