Monday, May 7, 2012

Pretty Little Needle Book


I was inspired to make a new needle book by a tutorial at Nana Company although mine is nothing like the cute needle book that she made.

I have lots of scrap fabrics in pinks, white and green from my days of sewing in the Shabby Cottage Style so I thought I would go for something pretty.

I didn't realize until I was finished that it matches my old pear shaped pin cushion. I made it a few years ago from scraps and it looks as if I chose the same pink fabric for the middle of the needle book.

Below is the back which is tiny little quilted pieces of fabric. I am no quilter, I have such a hard time getting them to line up evenly.


I think if I do another one I will make the front quilted like this too, I still have lots of scraps.

I wanted to get more photographs but it has been cloudy and raining all day after such a beautiful weekend.

So, what have you been up to ?