Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Handmade Christmas Week 1

I have this crazy idea that I want to decorate two Christmas trees this year. It's our first Christmas in our new home and I want to go all out, so I have decided to make as many ornaments as I can to fill up a second tree using bits and pieces from my stash.

I hope to share something new each week this month :)

For my first set of ornaments I decided on a cute elf shaped stocking and used some left over fabric I used on some chairs, which is a light upholstery fabric.

I have embellished them with bits of lace and old earrings etc I have collected in the past.

Everything is from my stash of supplies, and what a good feeling to actually use some of it.

I think I have a dozen of these now, and am thinking I will make some doves or some type of bird this week and see how they turn out.

My theme for the new tree is a Shabby Chic style in off whites and with a touch of red or burgundy here and there.

How about you? Are you making anything this year for Christmas? I would love to hear about it , and if you post it on your blog let me know.

Thanks for dropping by,
Lynn