Friday, January 22, 2010

A Fairy song

A Fairy Song was created using 4 of my own photographs, and the cover of a vintage music sheet from Shabby Chic Papirskatter. I then added some brushes and different effects to it.

I can't believe it's Friday already, don't forget to watch tv tonight, the Telethon of the Stars will be on most channels and at 7pm on Canadian channels there is also a Telethon for Haiti. I am going to watch them both. If you have not donated yet, now is a good time, and even if you have donated already, let's all do it again, every little bit helps.

My heart goes out to the people of Haiti, you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. May you find the strength and the courage to go on in life, the people of the world are behind you.

Have a great day my blogging friends, I will see you Monday for the OHOW giveaway :)
Lynn

PS... I was going to mention the fairy I used, and changed my mind, then Laurie who has known me a while remembered it is my very special fairy, one given to me by my best friend in the world, who is also my youngest aunt. She was only 6 years old when I was born to her oldest brother, my dad. She still lives in England, but would come and stay with me almost every year, we were like soul mates and I think we still are. She had 2 brain aneurysms 2 years ago and then a stroke, she now has brain damage and mobility problems and she doesn't remember what she did 10 mins ago, but she always remembers Canada and being with me. She was very creative also, now she can't use her hands very well, even to eat. Whenever I call her she tells me she has been to sell at a craft show, (she used to do that a lot with her husband) but she really hasn't. Or she will talk about something she made today, but she hasn't. I somehow think her brain connects to how we used to talk so much about what we were creating when she hears my voice. It is so bittersweet when I talk to her, at least she remembers me, yet we can't have a real conversation anymore, and I still miss that. We would talk on the phone for hours.

I thought I would share this little tit bit of information about my life, I made this digital collage for Su actually and am going to make it into a card for her, let's see if she remembers the fairy she gave me :)

Here is a photo of us the last time she visited here. We were visiting my inlaws , goofing around as usual.


Love you Su :)