Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Altered Keys for ABAA Challenge

This month's challenge at ABAA is to use a key or keys and it finally came to me yesterday what I wanted to do, right near the end of the month too.

I have done two, the first is spray painted gold, but it does chip off, and I have used two old earrings from my stash of found jewelry bits, some lace and some tuile. I even added a little gold crown charm, can you see it?
I am terrible with pliers and wire and any type of jewelry making so I was quite proud of my little charm :)



The second one I spray painted black and gold, the keys were gold to start with and the only two old keys I could find in the house. I am going to have to start asking people not to throw out their old keys but keep them for me, can you imagine how long they would sit in a landfill site to decompose, if ever?

So the black one I used again an earring which is the black oval shape with lovely filigree around it. I used pliers to take the dangly piece from an old necklace someone gave me to use, I think it was Sherry in a swap we were in together, then I used a feather from Dollarama and a piece of black tuile, and it is on a black ribbon to wear as a necklace.


This is the first time I have tried altered keys , they are really fun , maybe you would like to try some. I would do more if I had more old house keys or car keys.

Thanks again Linda and Rosie for a great challenge. I missed the last two months so I just had to do this one, and I am glad I did because they are celebrating the 1 year anniversary of their challenge blog :)