Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Goddess of Delight ~Mixed Media Portrait

"When you least expect it, delight comes into your life"
Author unkown

I didn't think I would be back to post so soon but I finished another mixed media painting in between other things going on here at home. This is a small 5x7 canvas and I wasn't quite sure how she would turn out but I think she does look a bit Goddess like.
As always there are a few things I am not happy with, but I think that is how you learn for next time. She has been distressed again, her face is roughed up. I think I am going to have a go at a much smoother style face next, I like the distressed look, but just for a change.
Here is a close up of the turquoise, it has gold running through it. I didn't want to say turquoise hair, you could look at it as hair if you want, or a scarf on her head, maybe even a sari which my Eastern Indian neighbors wear sometimes, they are usually in the most beautiful, brightest, sheer fabrics, and this reminded me of one when I was finished so I added the beaded trim at the top. Fun, fun, fun :)
Suzi teaches us to push it and I was so afraid to drop paint down her face, but I did and it's not too bad. She's crying tears of happiness because she just brought delight into someone's life :)

I have a busy time coming up. Today I am going to the lawyers to sign the papers on a small condo we have purchased in Toronto, we take possession tomorrow and I am so excited because we are renting it to my daughter and her boyfriend. They have been living in the most horrible apartment building for over a year now and I am so happy to get her out of there and that area she is in. I will tell you more later, it is the tiniest little place, but perfect for them. Gotta go.....