Tuesday, August 11, 2009

B For Bird 6x6 Canvas


I have been so involved in learning to draw and explore journal pages this past six weeks , that I am really ready now to work on other things again. I don't know where the time has gone to. I realised during the Goddess And The Poet class that I love playing with texture, I really love, love, texture. So I took a 6x6 canvas and started to play.
All created with 15 year old Delta Folk Art paint, yep, it really is that old, gel medium and a hot heat gun. Sprayed with gold glimmer mist and rubbed with Old Wood Distress Ink pad. Not sure why they call it that because it's quite blue.

Click on the photos for a closer look.
The bird is from Vintage Stamper's Freebies

Thought I would share the last sketch I did too. I like her look, long nose, long neck, dreamy eyes and lucsious lips, kinda how I would like to look :) Yeah, in my dreams maybe....

Before I go I wanted to let you in on a giveaway, that is if you didn't know already. I have been blessed to win two giveaways recently and would love to win this one, but that just doesn't seem fair LOL. Head on over to Pringle Hill Studio where my blogger friend Terri is having her blogaversary giveaway. Better hurry because you only have two more days and you don't want to miss owning a piece of her work :)

Keep on bloggin'
Lynn