Thursday, July 2, 2009

ABAA Dragonfly Challenge

Dragonfly challenge for Awfully Big Art Adventure

I had a very productive art filled day today, thanks to my very patient fur baby. I really owe him a good play time, he is soooooo good and only 10 months old.
I finished off my Dragonfly piece which is made on a 6x6 canvas , I got a bit stuck the other day so I just put it aside until now, and after I made an ATC today for the Theme Thursday challenge I got it finished and also created this little piece below which I just LOVE :)

Back in May I took a workshop at Moss Hill Studio Workshops , the "Collage Mossy Style". I never did finish a collage as Joanna showed us, but have been using her technique with a few additions of my own to get this amazing texture.

I just love this little vintage girl which I found at a blog called Primarily Primitives, at least that is the name I have saved on the file, but I can't for the life of me find the blog now and I was certain I put a "follow" on it. If you come across the blog or know of it would you please let me k now so I may link to her? Thanks.

Update: Thanks to Daisy for the link to Primarily Primitives I had the name wrong yesterday. Check out this blog where Stacey often posts free vintage images for us to use :)

Both of my pieces here are done using Glossy Gel Medium which is not something I used to use at all. My hubby was to pick me some up one day and brought home the wrong one, so I just kept it because he was kind enough to do that for me. I kind of like it on this little frame because it gives it a leathery look and shows the texture more.

You can click on each photo to see more detail.
Thanks again for visiting, I will be visiting you soon too :)
Lynn