Sunday, June 28, 2009

Marie Bookmark


Can you believe this is the first time I have ever created anything with a Marie Antoinette theme? Thing is I just love this collage sheet from Itkupilli and have been itching to do something with it, so I made this bookmark and I am really pleased how it turned out.

It is made on heavy water color paper which I painted with acrylics, roughly stamped some flourishes then added the images. I then shaded and highlighted with chalk pastels and gave her some shimmer with my shimmering pastels but they don't show up well on the photos. This was all glued to a really strong piece of card. I then added some pink crystals and some lovely gray and pink fibers finish it off.
If you use chalks in your work remember to use a spray fixative on it. I use Krylon Matt Sealer, it's great.


This one is in my Etsy shop now with a few new cards and tags I just added. I don't know why but I have a thing about bookmarks, you may have noticed that already if you are a frequent visitor :)
Hope you are having a good weekend, I am off to a bridal shower in a few hours, which means dress clothes and shoes, make up, you know the story, a bit out of my comfort zone, but at least it's not too hot today. See you soon!
Lynn