Thursday, June 25, 2009

In the Rose Cottage Guest Room

I purchased these beautiful blue bird watercolor paintings from my friend Carolyn in the U.K quite a while ago and finally got around to painting some frames for them. I used a green to go on the pale yellow walls of my guestroom and made them look chippy. It was quite by accident really but it works and I love them. They are not on the wall yet, I need to get hubby to help me level them with some other things I want to add to the walls.

I was also lucky enough to win two prints from Carolyn's blog too, I think her whimsical and sweet drawings are sooooo precious. This is what I won :)
Since they are for my guestroom which I call "The Rose Cottage" room, thought I would show you some photos of it. I am not totally done with it all, need more things on the walls, but you can get the idea.
I purchased the sign above the bed from Signs By Diane on Etsy long before I redid this room, which was my daughters room before she moved out. I originally wanted the sign for my studio because I then had a blog of this name as some of you will remember, and I still do have an Etsy shop called The Rose Cottage for vintage linens and such, which I have been neglecting.

We took out the dirty white carpet in this room and had hardwood installed. I just love hardwood, and hope to have the entire house done in it someday. The walls are a pale yellow as is most of my house. The bed looks yellow in the photos but it is more of a creamy white, and my Rachel Ashwell quilt which I just treasure covers the bed. All but one cushion on the bed are made by myself and I have two vintage sham covers which I found for 50c each at the thrift shop. They are so romantic cottage style :)
The beautiful fabric art which hangs from the bed was gifted to me in a swap and I just love it so much.
There is the chair I found for $3 at a thrift shop, I painted it of course and covered it in my favorite Laura Ashley fabric. The wicker table is one I have had for many many years, and the dresser was a new piece about 6 years ago.
I am now painting an old frame to make a memo board for above the little wicker desk, this room is still ongoing :)

And just look who was enjoying a cozy little nap, one of my favorite teddy bears gifted to me by my best female friend ever, thank you Su :)



I have no artwork to share today, I am kind of in funk the past two days, it's been incredibly hot, I miss my hubby who has been away on business since Monday morning, back tonight though, and now we are having a major thunderstorm so I had better get this posted and close my computer. Stay cool if you are somewhere hot now too.