Saturday, May 23, 2009

SoArtful Saturday Challenge

Fish? Make something Fishy? This is the challenge at SoArtful Saturday Challenge this week and at first I thought, there is no way, I don't like fish, what am I going to do? Then I remembered the serious faced boy on the fish from a collage sheet at Digital Collage Sheets. Had it a while and wondered if I would ever use him. Well, thank you June for this challenge, I did!
This is a greeting card on a Kraft paper card, with two layers of card stock and then a piece of water color paper which I painted and stamped then added the boy and his fish to. Very simple yes, but it may be a nice masculine card for someone who likes to fish, maybe for Father's Day or birthday, not in my family though because neither my dad or my father in law fish or ever did, so I will probably put this in my Etsy shop.

A Happy Memorial Day weekend to my American friends, hope you have beautiful weather and have some time to create :)