Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mix it up with Melange Challenge


I have not done a challenge in ages , and this morning I promised myself to spend an art filled day so I was thrilled when I checked today's challenge Mix It Up With Melange because the word prompt is "Lace"... Lace? I LOVE lace, especially of the Vintage variety :)
So here is my challenge, a very pretty bookmark in fabric, and embellished with vintage laces, buttons and a tiny piece of doily. I stitched the front on heavy card first, then I finished off the back with a light muslin and some thin batting in between the two. I am not too great at the zig zag on the edges, I am a bit out of practise, but I think I will make more of these it was a nice change from paper and glue, gel medium and inks etc. I stitched the ribbon and vintage button on by hand. I don't suppose you need a ribbon on a bookmark but I thought it looked nice.
Now to tell you what inspired me :) Last week I found the most beautiful digital collage sheets. I was visiting blogs and one led to another then I found Itkupilli where you will find the beautiful vintage girls that inspired me to create this bookmark. I printed girls and also some ATC backgrounds I purchased on fabric and off I went to create.
Kirsi had a giveaway on her blog last week here and I chose another beautiful collage sheet which I have not had chance to use yet, but I just had to have more, and you will too once you see her digital art, she has great talent. I am not sure if the giveaway is still on, I don't remember the end date, so maybe you can go over there and find out :)
One more thing I wanted to share with you. Stampington & Company have a Back Issue Sale on right now and I wouldn't have known if I wasn't on their mailing list. I was lucky to find a few at only 1.99 of some I had wanted and couldn't find.
Can't believe it is almost time for dinner, time goes fast when you are having fun!