Monday, March 2, 2009

Vintage Hedgies :)

This post is for Lynda and my German friends mostly :) For Lynda because I know she has a thing for hedgehogs and my German friends because these little guys are from Germany, and are now about 40 years old. I wondered if anyone has seen them before, the brand name is "Peter". You "must" click on the photo and see them close up, I left it really large. They are so detailed and the Barber who's little foot is loose, well you can even see the dust on him LOL.

As a child growing up in England I travelled twice with my parents and grandparents and my best friend Su, through Belgium, Germany and Austria. We camped and even as a child I hated it LOL, all that driving too waaaahhhhhhh. The countrysides were beautiful though and I can never forget some of it. I especially remember Salzburg, Austria because we visited some spots where "The Sound of Music" was filmed. This was one of my favorite movies growing up.

At the age of 15 I travelled again to Germany and Austria with my school, yep a bus full of teenagers, oh that was fun and I fell in love for the first time with a boy a year older than I during that trip.

On my trips with my family I collected these little hedgehogs and they have been with me ever since I was 10 years old. I had packed them up for the last 10 years maybe and now that I am going through and clearing out clutter, displaying things I love instead of keeping them in boxes and just generally trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" I keep, I thought it would be fun to show them :)

I often wonder if at some time in Germany I walked past my husband when he was young. He lived in Germany from the age of 5 to 12 years old before he moved to Canada. Now wouldn't that be cool, if our paths had crossed and our chemistry , our energy, could just never leave each other apart after that? *giggle, I like to think so.
I moved to Canada with my parents and sister at age 17 and met him when I was almost 19 years old, so you have to wonder :)

Have a great Monday :)