Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Awfully Big Art Adventure Birdhouse Challenge

Here is my entry for Rosie and Linda's Awfully Big Art Adventure for this week. The challenge was to make a birdhouse in some form or another, and I had this box which was a gift box given to me for my birthday last year already in the shape of a bird house.
I am posting a before picture at the end of this post too.
This is one of my favorite blue colors, and I started by using some 12x12 papers I had in my stash, which are just beautiful. The lid opens with a ribbon, I changed that to brown to co ordinate with the paper, and then I went with the bird, nest theme of course.
I was going to leave the little hole open then changed my mind and decided to add a sentiment on a bottle cap because it fit the hole perfectly. What luck :)
Below is the back of the box, and I left the paper as is, I think it is perfect already. If you like this paper it is a double sided paper, darker blue on the back, and is called Bluebird "All Boy" Dragonfly by MME, Bohemia. The gorgeous paisley paper on the roof is by Deja Views called Blue Raspberry Paisley.
Below is how it was before. A lovely gift box from Crabtree & Evelyn with Lotions , scrubs and some ceramic plant markers gifted to my by my neighbour last year.
Thank you Rosie and Linda for the challenge, this box could have sat in my cupboard for another year if not for you :)
Bird on branch and eggs from digi sheet at Retro Cafe Art