Thursday, December 4, 2008

Playing with gift boxes

This is a fun easy project using the plain kraft gift boxes you often recieve jewelry in. All you need to work on is the front of it, the rest of the box I gave an aged look with a Walnut Ink pad, rubbing it on with a cosmetic sponge.
The background is done with scrapbook paper and stamps. This little gift box I made for a friend. Hmmm??? Wonder who that is?

I used a smaller size box to make this ornament for my tree. Soooooo quick and easy. This beautiful quality image is from Digital Collage Sheets , it was in last months free collage sheet for newsletter subscribers. Michelle must do something special to her images, they just pop off the paper, the colors are so rich and deep, just excellent quality.
He is now on my tree which is all gold and burgundy's , mostly Victorian and Vintage.
The gold snowflakes are miniature tree ornaments, I just snipped the top off them, and the boxes, well I may have about 50 more of them to play with. My daughter was selling jewelry at one point and I got all the left over gift boxes :)