Friday, November 14, 2008

Two Friday Challenges

Last weeks Fun Friday Challenge at ECS was to make a Moo or Two and the theme was Christmas.
This is my first Moo and I decided to use a vintage German Scrap of this pretty cherub. I made her a little crown and added a crystal, then edged it with my favorite thing lately, my Krylon Gold Leaf pen. I am sure by the time Christmas comes I will have dried it up, but I have a silver leaf pen just in case, I havn't used that one as much.

The week before that Rhonda placed us a challenge to create a paper doll, but we had to use more than just paper, or stuff the paper. I came up with this little Angel, and since then I have made three of them :)

She is made on a Popsicle stick. I gathered two layers of tulle and a doily to make her skirt after cutting a hole in the center to stick the doll through, then I embellished her with trim etc. The wings are so pretty , I found them in a fabric shop while shopping for quilt batting.
She can be hung on the tree or sit a top of a small tree :)

I have been working daily in my studio making gifts for swaps I am involved in, will show you more soon. I spend a good hour creating while my little Cooper sleeps in a little plush bed his dad brought home for him, and you know what? He is really good while we are in there :)
This weeks Fun Friday Challenge is a photography challenge, so let's see what I can come up with. I am not the greatest photographer.