Monday, August 23, 2010

Color and Texture play

I was putting together a pile of things from my stash as inspiration for Suzi Blu's new workshop, which is all about Mermaids, and I came up with this little needle felted collage which is still a work in progress. It is done on a painted baby wipe, much like the ones I used for my beads.

Ahhhhh there. You can see some of my baby wipe beads.
I had a lot of fun putting all these bits and pieces together that I have kept them in a bowl now in my studio for inspiration.

I put some batting in the back of the painted baby wipe and needle felted what remind me of little bird nests. I also needle felted some fibers , and I just had to use a couple of these teeny tiny dragonfly beads. I don't have a free hand foot for my sewing machine so I just did some random stitching and now I feel it needs some more hand stitching.

Not sure what I am going to do with it, but it's been fun :) I never did start the Mermaid workshop, I got carried away, lost in a space of my own. I can still catch up later, we are working on color theory and background textures the first few weeks, should be fun.

I hope you find some inspiration in my mess :) Why not make a pile of your own?

Have a colorful day :)
Lynn