Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Whimsy Faerie

I decided to treat myself today and purchased a few digi sheets from Paper Whimsy. I just love the Faerie sheets which is what I used on this collage, I also love how you can download and print them instantly. By the way, Gale has 20% off her entire site until March 13th, so it was a bonus day for me.

You might find this hard to believe but I have not purchased a single art supply since before Christmas, actually I think since November, so it was a well deserved treat don't ya think? That also includes magazines and books, I am just sooooooo good :)

So, I set out to play with my dress up faerie and I used an 8x10 piece of heavy watercolor paper. I painted it first and hated it so I stamped it and still hated it. Then I got out my Versafine chalk inks which I have rarely used and started adding color over the paint and stamping. Phew... finally I was starting to like it. I was starting to think nothing was going to go right for a minute.

Once that was done I had fun and just went with it, and I really did enjoy the process.
I hope you had some fun today too, whatever you spent your time on :)