Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tag Tuesday and another win

Tag Tuesday Challenge
Theme this week is Definition



I made a mistake after posting this, I went back to Tag Tuesday and realised the theme was not "Friends" which I had thought. What can I say, it's just been one of those days :)
So my "definition" for this tag is "Friendship between people and their pets"

My tag is quite simple today, I used an Anna Griffin paper for the background, one I really, really love, sloppy stamped with sepia ink and wiped some off, added music paper this pretty girl with her kitty friend and some distress ink around the edges. I then used some blue chalk on her dress and brown where she is standing, she needed a touch of pink on her cheeks and lips too :)
The girl is cut from a vintage advertisement, free image, and can be found at Shabby Chic Papirskatter, where you will go nuts saving images if you like this type of thing, she has sooooooo many too.

I won a prize at my friend Carolyn's blog, and am so excited, I just love her whimsical watercolor paintings and I own two of her original bluebird paintings, which I have been trying to get framed to show off.
So we had to figure out or guess how she made herself look like a Ghost in a photograph she took, and I was right :) You can see this amazing photo on her blog at
Magpie Pixie


This little sweetie is Maisy, and I won a print woohoooooo....
I met Carolyn last Spring at Etsy Cottage Style when I was running the place and was lucky enough to meet her when I went home to England last September. We had a nice, but chilly day out in Harrogate and we went for a treat at Betty's which is a famous tea room in the North of England. I had the works, it was wonderful :)
I will of course treasure this little beauty as I do my blue birds , thank you so much Carolyn, I am just so glad I visited your blog last night or I wouldn't have won.