Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Paper Dolls

I've been practising again and I have to tell you, this time, I am soooooo happy with these dolls :) YES! I can actually say that, I am even proud of myself for a change. What a good feeling that is.
Oh, I know, you have seen so many pretty girl faces out there, cutsey, whimsical girls, but that's ok, these are mine and I have Suzi Blu to thank for her amazing class. It was not required in class to do this, but I was tired of just sketching and needed to experiment with color, so I drew the girls on a water color paper pad, then used paint, colored pencils, pastel chalks and pitt pens. After this was done I decided to cut them out and add some papers for their clothes and next step is to decide what to do with them.
I am still afraid to try arms in front, or legs, but I will :) I am making art for "me", I am no longer intimidated to try, and I am loving the process :)