Monday, January 5, 2009

Altered Envelope

This weeks Fun Friday challenge at ECS is to alter an envelope. This is what I came up with using some new digital art sheets I purchased from Digital Collage Sheets.

I also used some new stamps.
I have a confession to make. I am afraid of them. Yep, stamps. Afraid I will make a mess or something. I always test them first on a scrap paper but for example when I put the word "love" on this envelope I was so nervous that I would smudge it, or I would hate it.

I used two envelopes for this little project, back to back, to make it sturdier and used the back one as a pocket. I stuffed some mini envelopes and a mini card in this one to show you. I am not happy with the back of it, the inks turned greenish on me when I aged it, but maybe it will fade over time.

I am new to stamps, and am waiting for some new ones I just purchased last week at Stamp and Scrap Canada during Wendy's half price sale. I am so excited because they are all beautiful stamps , and fantastic prices. They should be here any day now :) I just checked and looks like this spectacular sale is still on so if you want to save big time, check it out.