Thursday, January 9, 2014

Squash Books

Happy New Year to you all! 


A friend showed me how to make squash books and I have made several now , I just love them.
I am sure you would like to know what a Squash book is. I suppose it got its name because after opening the little book it "squashes" back together.

The books in the collage below are covered in my own inky, stamped papers and I used inky papers on the inside too, but plain paper is nice too.

I love Dylusions ink sprays, they are so vibrant and rich, I am totally hooked on them. I think this colorway is my favourite at the moment.

Ok, so this is not a tutorial but I do have a link to a really good video on YouTube .
This is the video I like by Scrapbooker , but there are quite a few if you look around.

They are a lot easier than they look , once you get the hang of the folding you can make them quite quickly. I have given some of mine as gifts , added some quotes inside , and my nieces when I taught them how to make them printed out instagram photos and made little friendship books.



This is how it looks when you open the book.


If you give it a try I would love to see them. 









11 comments:

  1. Love the colours that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one you sent to me! Emily and I want to make some one of these days. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that looks complicated in the construction! I've never heard of a squash book so will have to educate myself. Yours looks great - love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squash books remind me of the folded hand game we had fun with on the playground as a young girl. Love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lynn, they look so gorgeous in you hand coloured papers,- but also a bit difficult I must admit!! Well maybe you are right, and I should only give it a try !! :-) I love the qoutes you used too.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your papers are gorgeous Lynn. I've never heard of a squash book, will have to check it out. Hope you are having a great 2014 so far.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn, I wondered what a squash book was and they are unique. I can see little ones liking them. Yours is so colorful and it is good to see your post. Hope all is well with you. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha....I recognise that gorgeous colour-scheme ;-) These are really lovely Lynn......a little like my Lotus books (from long ago).
    How nice that you could teach your nieces to make them too..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lynn, they look fantastic. Love your color choices!

    Best wishes for a super 2014 - with lots of creativity.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome little book!!! Now I'll have to run over to You Tube to check out the video!!! Leave it to you to come up with something wonderfully creative! Hugs, Terri ♥ (BTW - I think the girls would LOVE this idea!!! Blowing kisses!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lynn, I hope you are having a great start to the year. What beautiful books! They look so creative, colourful and unusual. You are such a clever lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and leaving a comment. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me using the email link.