Thursday, January 9, 2014

Squash Books

Happy New Year to you all! 


A friend showed me how to make squash books and I have made several now , I just love them.
I am sure you would like to know what a Squash book is. I suppose it got its name because after opening the little book it "squashes" back together.

The books in the collage below are covered in my own inky, stamped papers and I used inky papers on the inside too, but plain paper is nice too.

I love Dylusions ink sprays, they are so vibrant and rich, I am totally hooked on them. I think this colorway is my favourite at the moment.

Ok, so this is not a tutorial but I do have a link to a really good video on YouTube .
This is the video I like by Scrapbooker , but there are quite a few if you look around.

They are a lot easier than they look , once you get the hang of the folding you can make them quite quickly. I have given some of mine as gifts , added some quotes inside , and my nieces when I taught them how to make them printed out instagram photos and made little friendship books.



This is how it looks when you open the book.


If you give it a try I would love to see them.